Friday, August 30, 2013

Organizing School lunches - Part 2

Four more sleeps............

Not sure if I'm more excited or my kids!  For some reason the last week has seemed long.  The kids are bored and getting under each other's skin.  It has been too hot to be outside and all the teenagers seem to want to do is screen related.  They need to get back into routine.  We all do.

I had planned to do the rest of my school prep baking this week (muffins and cookies), but it was too hot to do that too.  Tomorrow's forecast is for rain so my daughter and I will be finishing up those couple of things (and doing a week's worth of laundry too).  I did make one batch of muffins last week that were delicious and will post the recipe soon.  I'm going to make another patch of those since the kids almost ate them all.

To finish off my school lunch binder, I prepared a monthly summary sheet with the list of all things that need to be made in advance that I can use as a checklist, and any changes that need to be made for the month.  I then printed off all four weeks worth of menus and added a few sheets for notes for the following month.   I also included a section for any recipes I made for the month.  The binder will 'live' in my cupboard with all of the other lunch prep items.

First page in the binder that I'll change every month

Week #1 Menu



I'm hoping being organized in advance will help the kids get their lunches packed a little more smoothly and we'll all have a little less chaos in the mornings.

Linked to:  Chic on a shoestring, Tatertots and Jello Strut Your Stuff, Life with the Crust cut off, Diana Rambles, beBetsy, Remodelaholic



1 comment: