Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Record Table





I saw a pin of a table similar to this quite awhile ago and finally got around to making a couple for the kid's music room.  It may sound silly to have a music room but my oldest son teaches quitar lessons, so we really needed a dedicated room for this purpose. 

I altered the original plan slightly to make it a little sturdier but even with that it was still easy peasy!  I bought a couple of plant stands on clearance at Walmart for $5/ea and records for $1/ea at a garage sale, so pretty cheap too.

 
 
In addition to the plant stand and records, I used some leftover foam core board and some black duck tape.  I traced the records onto the foam board, cut them out using an exacto knife then covered the edges with a thin strip of duct tape so the white foam couldn't be seen.  I then used a hot glue gun to attach the records to the board and then the board to the plant stand.   


 
Even strong enough to hold my teenager's supersized coffee mug. He'd really like to get rid of the 90's style burgandy couch and loveseat, but his music room is pretty low on the list for new furniture.  If much more money is spent on that room it will be to add more sound proofing! 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! Don't forget to link up to The DIY'ers. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, WHAT a fun idea! this would be perfect for our retro basement makeover. you've got great vision, I couldn't put this together.

    ReplyDelete